Living With Damp Can Seriously Affect Your Health

According to the NHS, you are more likely to have respiratory problems if you live in a home with damp.

Damp and mould produces allergens and irritants that can have a negative effect on the health of children, adults and older people alike. Mould and damp are caused by an excess of moisture in an enclosed area. In most cases this moisture is created by structural damage such as leaking pipes, rising damp the floors beneath or even rain coming through poorly maintained roofs or window frames.

Allergens produced from damp can vary from mild irritants to toxic substances that can cause minor symptoms, such as sneezing or red eyes, but can also cause serious problems for weaker individuals such as elderly people, babies and children. People living with respiratory problems or pre-existing allergies are at particular risk and can find that their symptoms are exacerbated by damp.

Thousands of tenants across the country live with damp in their homes, but you shouldn’t have to be one of them. If you’ve been living in a house with damp, and your landlord or housing association is refusing to fix the problem, or are simply ignoring it, then we may be able to help you.

Call us today on 0151 242 9050 or send us a message using the contact form below, telling us as much detail about your situation as possible and we’ll see if we’re in a position to help you out.