Claim Up To £2,000 Compensation No-Win No-Fee

Only COUNCIL or HOUSING ASSOCIATION properties are eligible.

Fill in the form to arrange a free consultation with an expert.

  • Fill in our quick online form
  • An expert will get in touch for your free consultation
  • A letter of claim will be sent to your landlords if you have a case
  • Receive compensation of up to £2,000

  • No win no fee service

  • Over 2,000 claims settled

  • Over £2 million of repairs agreed

Call a housing disrepair specialist today.

Help for Tenants helped me claim £2,000 from my Housing Association.

My flat had been in a state of disrepair for over 5 years with severe damp and leaks.

The solicitors at Help for Tenants put a claim in on my behalf and the problem was sorted out within 9 months.

We'll work for you on a No Win No Fee basis.

We help you get repairs or compensation.

We help housing association and council house tenants claim against their landlords who aren’t looking after their properties.

You have the right to live in a safe, secure environment that you can call ‘home’ – if you have been placed in a run-down or poor social house then we can help you.

If you, or your property, has been seriously damaged as a result of the disrepair then we may be able to help.

In successful cases we have been able to:

  • Force landlords to repair damaged properties
  • Obtain tenants compensation for the period of time they have been living with the disrepair
  • Recover money for any damaged items such as carpets and sofas

We have close to 10 years' experience in forcing local councils and housing associations to listen to people like you. Not only do we force landlords to listen, but we also force them to repair homes and pay you the compensation you deserve.

Paolo Martini - Cobleys Solicitors

Call a housing disrepair specialist today.

Help For Tenants helped Mrs. A claim £500 and get vital repairs made on her home.

Is your house in disrepair?

If your landlord is failing or refusing to repair your home then we can help you get the problem fixed, your property replaced and, in some cases, win you additional compensation.

These are the most common causes of disrepair – if you’re suffering with these issues then we can help you:

  • Damp
  • Defective guttering
  • Damaged roof/tiles/chimney
  • Cracks or blown plaster
  • Defective pointing

Call a housing disrepair specialist today.

Helped for Tenants helped Mrs. L claim £1950 in compensation and get a new bathroom installed in her home.

Call a housing disrepair specialist today.


What is Housing Disrepair?

Housing disrepair means a rented property that is in need of repairs. The Landlord is supposed to make sure the property is safe and suitable for tenants to live in.

Examples of disrepair include:

  • Damp
  • Mould
  • Leaking Guttering
  • Roof leaks
  • Drainage problems
  • Defective or rotten windows
  • Issues with boilers and heating

In a house where repairs or works are needed, if the landlord fails to carry out the work within a reasonable amount of time after the issues are reported by you, then this could be considered housing disrepair.

Am I eligible to make a claim?

If you are a housing association or council tenant and have lived in the property for over 12 months then you can make a claim.

You’ll need to have told your Landlord about your issues and given them chance to fix them.

If they’ve failed to fix the issues properly or at all after you have complained then you’ll probably be able to make a claim.

If you have been a tenant for less than 12 months then we can still help with advice and guidance.

How do I make a housing disrepair claim?

To make a housing disrepair claim we will need to gather evidence of the issues in your home.

We will do that for you by sending a surveyor to meet you and look at the property.

We will also help to show that you have reported the issues and given the landlord time and a chance to fix them.

Will I get compensation?

Each case is treated individually based on the circumstances, we start every claim with two things in mind:

  1. To get the issues in your property fixed so you can live safely and comfortably in your home
  2. To get you some compensation where we can

All of our Clients end up with the repairs being completed and most get some compensation.

Do I have to pay you anything to make a claim?

No. As long as you are eligible to make a claim then we would work for you on a No Win No Fee basis.

How long will the process take?

Once we have taken your case on we send a letter of claim to your Landlord immediately.

They have 20 working days to respond. After that an appointment is made for a Chartered Surveyor acting on your behalf to inspect the property. The Landlord usually sends their surveyor at the same time so they can inspect together and agree what needs to be fixed.

This all happens within a further 20 working days.

Within 2 months we’ll have a report that lists what needs to be done. It’s then just a matter of agreeing when the repairs take place and how much compensation you will get.

Can I be evicted for making a claim?

No, the Landlord cannot evict you for making a claim.

I am in arrears with my rent does that matter?

No, as long as your landlord has not started eviction proceedings for example non payment of rent then we will still take your case on.

Over 2,000 claims successfully settled.