We offer open, impartial advice to private and social housing tenants in regards to all kinds of disputes and issues.
By renting a home you start a legal relationship between yourself and the landlord. You both have responsibilities to fulfil.
- To pay your rent on time
- To keep your home tidy and clean
Your Landlord’s Responsibilities:
- To make repairs to your home so that it is safe to live in
- To keep exterior paintwork and drains in good condition
- To maintain bathroom, kitchen and heating fittings
- To not harass or bother you by dropping in unannounced
Disputes aren’t always about disrepair, the common disputes that we are called to resolve include:
- Landlords abusing tenants
- Landlords refusing to return deposits, or not putting them in a deposit scheme
- Landlords discriminating against tenants based on disability, race or sexual orientation.
- Landlords denying that they have received rent
- Landlords blaming tenants for damage that is not their fault
Regardless of what your problem is, we’ll try our best to find you an answer and offer you legal help.